All BRFC teams must help manage ground operations on game days - at Barden Ridge Ovals 3, 4, 5 & 6.
Via a roster system, teams must:
- provide ground control (wearing an “orange jacket” and managing crowd behaviour)
- cook and serve the BBQ
- Run and serve in the Canteen
- set up and pack up fields.
Team managers are responsible for coordinating their teams’ involvement. Team managers must:
- check the weekly newsletter and website each week to see if their team is rostered on
- ensure the required number of people are present. This will involve planning ahead - contacting your team and confirming exactly who will help out
- ensure your helpers are ready to go at the allocated time (and taking over from the current team on duty where appropriate).
1. Ground control
The ground control system is in place right across the Sutherland Shire Football competition. It involves wearing an “orange jacket” and helping monitor crowd behaviour.
- BRFC teams on ground control must
- provide two people per field to constantly patrol the field
- ensure these people wear an orange jacket, which are available at the ground control office. BRFC will be fined if people are not visible in orange jackets
Respectful crowd behavior is the key to everyone enjoying football. Your job while wearing the orange jacket is to ensure crowd behaviour is always acceptable. Harassment, abuse or other poor behavior towards officials, coaches or spectators is not tolerated.
If situations get out of hand, report it immediately a BRFC committee member.
2. BBQ and Canteen
As part of the ground control system, teams are allocated BBQ and Canteen duties during the time of their Ground Control. This will be noted on the Ground Control Roster.
- provide two people at a minimum for both the Canteen and BBQ (i.e. cook and serve the BBQ and serve and prepare food/drinks in Canteen)
3. Set up and pack up
BRFC teams will be rostered to set up and pack up each weekend.
- Mark out the fields
- Set up for fields (refer to list of tasks for Miniroos and Full-field for set up requirements)
- Put up corner and halfway flags
- Put out garbage bins, banners and benches
Ground pack up:
- Remove nets
- Take down the goal posts and store
- Remove flags
- Sweep out change rooms and both toilets
- Sweep, mop and clean Canteen
- Sweep clubhouse area
- Clear up any litter and leave oval tidy and clean
- Ensure garbage bins are put into locked gates